DIY Non-greasy Lotion
Making my own beauty products has to be my one of my favorite ways to create and this non greasy lotion was no exception!It’s really easy to make and although it comes out a little more expensive than my basic lotion and my green tea cream it’s so worth it as the aloe vera gel(the most expensive ingredient) gives it it’s non-greasy feel. If you choose avocado oil it becomes even more non-greasy and super luxurious on the skin. Customize it with your favorite essential oils for a just-for-you lotion you can use on the face or body. So let’s make some!
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- 3/4 oz beeswax
- 1 Tbsp shea butter
- 15 drops essential oil
- Heat the oil on a double boiler.
- Add the beeswax and the shea butter.
- Once the wax and the butter have melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix the aloe vera gel with the vitamin E.
- Wait until the two mixtures are similar temperatures and then use a blender to mix thoroughly.
- If you want scent and extra active ingredients then use about 15 drops from your favorite essential oil.
- Empty out in sterilized jars and store in the fridge.
After several years of lotion making, I now know that you should really use a preservative if you’re going to keep this out of the fridge for more than a week. Please do your research on natural preservatives or just make a small batch and use up in about a week while storing in the fridge.
Check out my other DIY lotion recipes!
See you soon!
Fatal error: Call to undefined function masterslider() in /home1/djgirl/public_html/wp-content/themes/falive-child-theme/content-single.php on line 31