DIY Peppermint Foot Balm – all natural, vegan beauty product
My feet were in dire need of some extreme soothing and moisturizing so I came up with this easy DIY peppermint foot balm.
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I’m so excited to show you how I used my new favorite peppermint essential oil from Pure Mountain Botanicals to create this super rich, moisturizing and cooling foot balm.
It’s 100% vegan and will get your feet ready for open toed shoes and sandals.Peppermint has cooling and stimulating properties and since Pure Mountain Botanicals essential oils are 100% pure, produced from plants that have been sustainably harvested and are inspected by a trained aroma therapist who evaluates the aroma, color, clarity, and viscosity of the oils, I know that this balm will be bursting with those properties!
To make this foot balm you will need:
- 2 & ½ tablespoons shea butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sunflower , jojoba or almond oil
- ½ teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 3 tablespoons candelila wax (you can use beeswax if you’re not vegan)
- peppermint essential oil from pure mountain botanicals
I love Pure Mountain Botanicals because they are full disclosure – if you look at the side of the bottle it tells you “where it comes from” what part of the plant is used and all of the testing that is used to ensure its purity. Plus it just has a smell better than others that I’ve tried.
So let’s get started:
- On a double boiler or in a bowl over a tea light , combine the oils, butter and wax.
- Gently heat until the wax is melted.
- Once the wax is melted remove from heat and set aside to cool. If you want this to go faster then just pop it into the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the oil mixture is under 100 degrees F or 37 celsius then add the vitamin e oil and 15 to 20 drops of the peppermint essential oil. You don’t need to use too much because this oil is so pure, that a little goes a long way.
- Stir well and empty out into a clean jar .
Since this recipe uses only oils, it’s safe to keep outside of the fridge.
Use it on your feet at night then put on some socks and enjoy super soft and moisturized feet in the morning!