Makeup As Art #1 | Inspiration Is Everywhere
I have no doubt in my mind that makeup is an art form. That is why we’re called makeup artists!
I have been feeling kind of uninspired lately when it comes to makeup and since I’m not as busy since I moved to the US I wanted to challenge myself to create a makeup look inspired by anything really. It could be a photo, a work of art, a landscape, you name it. So, this month’s inspiration photo is this pastel colored bathroom! I loved the colors and thought it would be perfect for this segment.
Here’s how I did it:
- Eye shadow primer. ( e.l.f. eye primer )
- Pink all over eye lid until the crease. ( coastal scents eye shadow and blush )
- White eyeliner line a little thicker than you normally would do. ( coastal scents eye shadow + illamasqua eye liner mixing medium )
- Dark green eyeliner over the white, leaving the white showing through. ( coastal scents eye shadow )
- Peach eye shadow on the brow bone.( coastal scents blush )
- Pink mascara.( stargazer )
- Concealer and setting powder ( e.l.f. )
- Eye brow pencil and brow mascara ( colourpop )
- Nude pencil under brow on brow bone and under the eyeliner to make crisper. ( contour duo pencil )
So what do you think? Are you inspired to create some makeup art of your own? Where would you look for inspiration?