Makeup As Art #1 | Inspiration Is Everywhere
I have no doubt in my mind that makeup is an art form. That is why we’re called makeup artists!
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I have been feeling kind of uninspired lately when it comes to makeup and since I’m not as busy since I moved to the US I wanted to challenge myself to create a makeup look inspired by anything really. It could be a photo, a work of art, a landscape, you name it. So, this month’s inspiration photo is this pastel colored bathroom! I loved the colors and thought it would be perfect for this segment.
Here’s how I did it:
- Eye shadow primer. (e.l.f. eye primer)
- Pink all over eye lid until the crease. (coastal scents eye shadow and blush)
- White eyeliner line a little thicker than you normally would do. (coastal scents eye shadow + illamasqua eye liner mixing medium)
- Dark green eyeliner over the white, leaving the white showing through. (coastal scents eye shadow)
- Peach eye shadow on the brow bone.(coastal scents blush)
- Pink mascara.(stargazer)
- Concealer and setting powder (e.l.f.)
- Eye brow pencil and brow mascara (colourpop)
- Nude pencil under brow on brow bone and under the eyeliner to make crisper. (contour duo pencil)
So what do you think? Are you inspired to create some makeup art of your own? Where would you look for inspiration?